Volunteers in Ethiopia
Please contact us directly. We can only accept volunteers with experience in other African countries and who have a sound professional background.
There are new regulations from 2010 onwards!
We are planning to cooperate with the German "weltwärts" program, operated by ded, Germany. The Ethiopian representative of this program is already in touch with us and our partner organization Center of Concern (formerly FHRD). An agreement of cooperation is under consideration. (... since March 2010 no change. Update: 27.01.2011)
Old regulations until 2009
1. Volunteers have to write a letter of intent to the EBCC Board of Directors in Hamburg
Germany indicating the number of hours to work as volunteer (minimum 5 days a week,
6 hours per day), field of discipline and interest. (please attach CV)
2. Minimum stay for volunteers in the project is 6 weeks.
3. Minimum 2 meals a day are provided by EBCC during the volunteer's placement
Mondays to Fridays.
4. Accommodation is arranged by EBCC. In case of the need for a hotel, due to unforeseen
inconveniences at the orphanage, hotel costs are to be paid by the volunteer though
(maximum costs are 200 € per month, the hotel is very pleasant and very close to the
5. The volunteer has full responsibility for flight costs, insurance, and personal safety
during stay in Awassa Ethiopia.
6. Pick up from Airport in Addis Ababa on arrival and immediate transport to Awassa is
organized and paid for by EBCC.
7. Two weeks after the placement ends, at least five to ten pages accomplishment report
will be submitted to the Board of Directors in Hamburg Germany.
8. Volunteers are required to fill up a daily time record (for monitoring).
9. EBCC staff guarantees full guidance and help at all times. however, flexible, pro-active
and independent behavior on behalf of the volunteer is requested. The volunteers are
in consultative with Country Director EBCC in Awassa Ethiopia who is the supervisor of
the volunteer on the nature of work.
10. A certificate of participation will be awarded to the volunteer.
Boarding House: Live - Love - Learn until 2009